Sunday 14 October 2012

Where does time go?

Time is faster than Peter Pan's shadow at disappearing.  Though I have searched everywhere over the past few weeks it never seems to be in the same place as I left it last. 
I've looked under the beds and even took the hoover with me as it is good to be able to multi task if you run a B&B business but only a stray feather there which was quickly sooked up.  Thought for sure it would be in the den, lurking behind the computer, but no joy there either, but checked all the e-mails just in case it had slipped inside one. 
Of course that made me think of the pillow cases (mind like a grasshopper I have as you can tell if you ever read my blog - don't think anyone does though as there are no followers yet).  The ironing press is in the den too - strategically placed so that I can do some bird watching as the sheets and pillow cases have their wrinkles smoothed away. A young Great Spotted Woodpecker helped me look for a wee while as he was intent on getting the peanuts but time eluded  me again.
That took me out to the garden where time has so many places to hide the whole day can go by searching for it and that can be very rewarding as Roslin Cottage won 2nd prize for Best Kept garden this summer from Callander Community Council.
 I did find some lovely Shetland Black tatties which our guests enjoyed for breakfast.  Pity it was not nearer Hallowe'en as they cooked up truly black, and no that was not the chef taking his eye off the pan. Talking of Sid it is time to go and give him a hand - maybe we will have more success in finding time if we look together.

No comments:

Post a Comment